Body & Fitness
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy;
for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 KJV
Water & Your Body
Humans are made up of 70% water.
75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
Drinking five glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?
- Alternate Healthcare Information
- Lots of alternative health info
- The balance of body and mind
- American Cancer Society
- Join the fight against cancer
- Information especially useful to those interested in essential oils and aromatherapy.
- College of the Botanical Healing Arts
- An aromatherapy college serving the South San Francisco / Monterey Bay area
- Weight Management
- Weight Control Information Network, Strategies for Success, and Interactive Tools.
- Medicine On-line
- Offers medical information and education in oncology
- NASA's Occupational Health Program
- Serving NASA's Occupational Health professionals and employees
- OncoLink - The University of Pennsylvania Cancer Resource
- To help cancer patients, families, health care professionals and the general public get accurate cancer-related info at no charge
- Helps people quit smoking and advocates for healthy, smoke-free public spaces and towns
- The quickest way to find out what's good and bad about the foods you eat.
- The Virtual Hospital
- A digital health sciences library
low cost website design service